You know your car dealership inside out — from your inventory to your sales staff. But how well do you know the people visiting your dealership? Are you asking all the right questions to ensure your customers are buying a car that meets their needs? Are you listening to understand your customers' needs rather than to just sell another car off your lot? If you can’t answer that question with a confident “Yes,” you could be missing out on some selling opportunities.
Here’s a list of effective car sales questions to ask your customers during their car search:
- What brings you in today?
While the answer to this question may seem obvious, it’s good to ask rather than assume. It’s also a polite way to break the ice and start a conversation with visitors.
- What sparked your car search?
Opportunity to learn your customers’ motivation for buying a car, including their needs and goals.
- Do you have a specific price range you wish to stay in?
Get a better understanding of what your customers are comfortable paying for a vehicle and which inventory on your lot best aligns with the customers’ price point. Essentially, this question can help with narrowing down their options.
- Are there any specific makes and models you’re interested in?
You can help steer (pun fully intended) the conversation in an effective direction and narrow down your customers’ car search even more.
- Is there anything you dislike about your current or most recent vehicle?
Can help give more context around the customers’ pain points pertaining to their current situation and may also show that you care enough about their current situation to help them find the right vehicle.
- What features are you looking for in your next vehicle?
Find out if there are any specific features and/or requirements your customers are looking for in their next car, which is also a way to help narrow down their options.
- Do you need extra space for storing or transporting large items?
Effective way to determine if the customers may need a larger vehicle such as an SUV or truck.
- Do you typically drive with children or pets in the car?
Learn about specific features (space, safety, etc.) that may be factored into the customers’ decision.
- How soon are you looking to buy a car?
Opportunity to gauge the customers’ timeline for buying a car.
- Have you visited other dealerships? If so, what kept you from buying a car there?
You may get firsthand insight into your competitors’ customer experience and how you can enhance yours.
If you’re a franchise, independent, or buy here pay here dealership looking to increase your market share and profitability, Credit Acceptance can help. To enroll in our program, fill out the form on our website.
- Publish Date