Text Alerts FAQ
What are Text Alerts?
Text Alerts are text messages sent by Credit Acceptance to a customer’s mobile device.
The messages customers may receive include standard monthly payment reminders and requests to call Credit Acceptance.
Will I be charged for Text Alerts?
Credit Acceptance does not charge for Text Alerts, but standard mobile phone carrier fees for text messaging may apply.
Check with your mobile phone carrier if you aren’t sure what fees apply when you send and receive Text Alerts.
What is the “short code” number at the top of the Text Alerts I receive?
The outbound Text Alerts contain a 5 digit short code (878-24) at the top of the text in the place of an outbound phone number.
The 5 digit code is used to facilitate sending text messages and identifies Credit Acceptance as the sender.
How do I sign up for Text Alerts?
You may have already agreed to receive Text Alerts at the time you purchased and financed your vehicle, or when you created a Customer Portal account.
If you want to ensure that you’ve agreed to receive Text Alerts, use the Customer Portal:
- Log in to the Customer Portal
- Navigate to the Profile page
- Select "Phone Preferences"
- Check the box next to the phone number you would like to sign up for Text Alerts
- Click "Update Preferences"
If you do not have a Customer Portal Account
- Go to CreditAcceptance.com
- Click “Not Enrolled? Sign up now.” link
- Follow the prompts to complete enrollment
How do I opt out of Text Alerts?
You can opt out of Text Alerts in three ways:
|Via text message||Reply or text STOP to 878-24|
|Online through the Customer Portal|| |
|Over the phone with an Agent||Call Credit Acceptance at 800-634-1506|
What Text Alerts might Credit Acceptance send me?
- Standard monthly payment reminders
- And/or requests to call Credit Acceptance
Remember, even if you have agreed to receive Text Alerts, you still may not receive one or either of the Text Alerts above, depending on the status of your account.
When are Text Alerts delivered?
Can I reply to Text Alerts?
We accept the following limited responses:
- Reply STOP to opt out of Text Alerts to the mobile phone number.
- Reply HELP and you will receive a message providing a link to our FAQs about Text Alerts
What happens if I reply to a Text Alert with something other than one of the supported responses?
You will receive a message providing a link to our FAQs about Text Alerts